Justerinis Webstie
Blog Entries

ENTER THE DRAGON. NO, LION

Friday, February 01, 2013



When you're delivering a yacht to a Chinese client ( ref my post last summer ), you have to do it properly. Hence Feadship whistling up a couple of lions in Rotterdam where they are rarely to be seen, far less filmed. Here, though, in best Attenborough style, is never-before-seen footage of them showing their lack of fear, even on a concrete pontoon and next to a 45m yacht. I think I saw Dick van Lent tremble slightly though.

There was a great dinner in the evening in the splendour of the Royal Rotterdam Sailing and Rowing Club which had a strict dress code meaning a rare appearance for a Bannenberg tie. The Owner's representative liked my tie so much ( purple and white by Richard James ) that I felt honour bound to take it off and give it to him with the result that I only narrowly avoided being asked to leave the premises. Enboldened by this concept of expressing a liking for something and reaping the rewards, I expressed a liking for a 45m Vantage but was met with a slightly glassy stare by Dick so I am not yet a member of the yacht owning ranks.

Blue Sky departs imminently for her new home in the Far East.